Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
Valuable coverage for your new or pre-owned vehicle!
After having spent time and money to find just the right car, you can safeguard your investment with a coverage plan designed to protect you from the mechanical failure of major mechanical components of your vehicle.1
The average repair cost of major vehicle components can be expensive.
Click here to view some of the costs you may have to pay if you don't have MBI.
SAFE Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI) provides:
- Worry-free protection against unexpected repairs
- Five different coverage plans to fit your needs
- Zero deductible for most plans
- Fast, experienced, and professional claims administration
- Coverage underwritten by "A"-rated (excellent) insurance companies
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Car rental benefits
- Tire coverage
Click here to find out why you need MBI.
Chat online with Live Help to learn more about MBI, including enrollment, costs, limitations, and conditions. You can also learn more by calling (916) 979-7233 or (800) SEE-SAFE or visiting your local SAFE branch.
1The vehicle must be maintained according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Refer to the certificate for complete details.